Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nivea Lip Care - Sun Protect SPF 30+


This lipbalm was definitely not my favourite. Compared to the other lipbalms from the range (that might I add, I love) this one was dry, difficult to apply, left a white film of my lips and did not feel moisturising at all. Disappointing.

I has this chemical, sunblock kind of smell that really isn't all that appealing. It has a kind of waxy feel on your lips that is really off putting and I ended up not using it. Not good when the purpose of it is to protect you from getting sunburned lips. It also leaves a pale yellow/white film across your lips so you have to use another coloured gloss over the top of it anyway. I just found it quite pointless.

When I did wear it, it really did protect my lips from the sun, and whilst it didn't feel all that moisturising at the time, I must admit my lips were feeling pretty good after a long day at the beach. For someone who does full on outdoor sporting activities, you could be pretty confident it would do a good job protecting you...that is, if you can put up with it feeling waxy.

All up I would give it a 5 out of 10, because it really does protect but it's not much good for anything else.

1 comment:

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...