Friday, September 2, 2011

Chapstick - Strawberry and Ultra SPF 30

Strawberry

The strawberry chapstick is so well known that there probably isn't any point in me doing a review on it, but I'll do one anyway, just for fun.

Well, the smell is fairly good, however it is a tad artificial and when you really get a good whiff it is a little bit to chemical smelling for my liking. The taste is similar, in small doses it's alright however you don't want to sit there licking your lips. It is easily applied to the lips although it can feel a bit thick/waxy. It is slightly tinted, but barely noticeable, in fact, I personally think that it just brought out the colour that I naturally have in my lips. It's moisturising and stays on your lips for a long time.

It's nice and cheap, so it is definitely worth buying. I give it a 9 out of 10.

Ultra SPF 30

The Ultra SPF 30 chapstick has exactly the same texture as the strawberry one - thicker than the ones I usually use but not too thick that you feel gross. I don't think it is supposed to be flavoured, but it almost has a kind of lemony smell and taste to it. It has no colour, but if you put too much on it can look a little whitish on your lips. It is very moisturising and fixes up damaged lips within a few days, however I have come across better lip balm that are equally good at fixing chapped lips.

It would be good for sports our outdoor activities where you don't care much for how you look, rather whether you are going to get burned or not.

I give this lip balm 6 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...