Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lucas Papaw Ointment

I think it is safe to say that every Australian female over the age of 12 has Lucas Papaw ointment. Okay, maybe not every female, but almost everyone that I  know has the stuff. Every person who had come across this product that I talked to had praised it so highly and had said that they were brought up on this stuff, that it saved their life, blah blah blah. Of course I was keen to try it...

I bought it for 10 bucks in a chemist...only to find that other places were chucking it out for 5! So, the first thing I shall say, is get it for a good price!

Moving on...yes, it is very good, however I don't think it's effective for anything other than using it on your lips. It claims to fix everything - burns, boils, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, splinters, gravel rash, open wounds, insect bits and nappy rash!  Yep, there is nothing this magic product can't fix (according to the tube). Well, I applied to to insect bites, a paper cut and dry skin and I didn't find that it was all that great. It did help my dry skin, I must admit, however I needed copious amounts to do the job (and I like to use these kind of products sparingly).  It didn't do anything to my insect bites, and as for the paper cut, I think it made it worse!

I had read some online reviews where people were saying it was just over priced Vaseline. I have never, ever tried Vaseline (much to my friends' disbelief and disgust!) so I really can't respond to that.

It was good for my lips, and I would buy it solely to have it for my lips. It was bit thick, until I realised I was applying way too much. Get the right amount and it works really well! It also lasts a long time if you use the correct amount. I also know that there are various sizes that it can come in - most people have it in the 'handbag friendly size' (a tube) but I know there are different size tubs.

It makes your lips feel smooth and soft, and is quite glossy which is nice, yet still a natural kind of glossy that is appropriate for wearing everywhere.

I did like this product, I really did, I just think it was a bit of a let down considering all the hype surrounding it, and it was not nearly as good as it claimed to be on the tube.

I would give it 7 out of 10.


2 comments:

  1. I bought this for the first time about 2 weeks ago (and I'm going to do a blog post about it sometime soon), also just to see whether it really is as effective as what everyone claims it to be. I grew up using the Vaseline petroleum jelly so this Australian "alternative" version piqued my interest.

    I haven't really tried it on anything else apart from applying it on my lips as a lip balm and what I found is that it lasts a bit longer than Vaseline. And it does have that nice, subtle fruit smell. It did help keep my dry/chapped lips moisturised but in terms of helping them heal faster, I don't think it helped much...

    I've read a couple more of your blog posts and once again, you write some pretty good reviews here. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, it is really great to hear another opinion on the product.

      Thanks for the compliment, I do my best with my reviews :) Some of my older ones are pretty dodgy, but I am getting better (I think!)

      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...