Thursday, November 10, 2011

Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick - Metallic Mauve

This lipstick is a beautiful frosty pink colour and, as the name suggests, is so silky and moisturising. For someone who isn't all that into frosts, I really like the colour, which is so unusual considering the types of lipsticks I usually gravitate towards. It has a shimmer to it, which for some people can be horribly annoying, but somehow in this case I really quite like it. It probably isn't a lipstick that I would wear out and about - I would use it for a bit more of a special event.

The colour is so buildable and there is a pleasant watermelon scent to it. The scent isn't all that obvious, but when you really give it a good sniff it is noticeable. Then again, I'm not sure if it is lacking scent because the one I have is old, but whatever it is, I expect most people would be able to tolerate it even if they aren't a fan of scents. I have to say it made my lips look like they had come out of a sparkly magazine add! I am really disappointed that this is discontinued - doesn't that always happen when you find something you like!

It is not drying at all, it really did feel lovely and moisturising. There is nothing worse than a lipstick that dries your lips out so much that you end up feeling like a shrivelled prune... The lasting power isn't amazing, but I find it good enough.

I really hated the tube that this came in - not because it looks unattractive (which it does) but because it was designed so that the product could easily be twisted up without removing the cap, thus resulting in a lot of lipstick smeared into the lid. Not only is it a total waste of product but it creates an awful mess.
I give this product 7 out of 10.




3 comments:

  1. I'm personally not a fan of shimmery lipstick, but this looks do pretty on you!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, yes, I think I like lipstick without shimmer better too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love these lippies!! but these have been around for a long time here. I so wanted their lip tint etc

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...