Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips, Limited NY Fashion Edition, Protecting Berry

I popped into the Chemist really quickly the other day, and of course I wasn't going to leave without having a little look at all the makeup. Instantly this lipbalm caught my eye - Maybelline Baby Lips Limited NY Fashion Edition in Protecting Berry.

"What on Earth?" I thought to myself. I hadn't heard anything about a Limited edition one. Surely I would have heard even the tiniest of whispers about it, especially as I spend half my life reading beauty blogs!

I bought it on sale for three dollars thirty, and then as soon as I got home I looked it up on the Internet (yesterday). I struggled to find anything, until I typed the whole name (which is very, very long) into google. The first thing that popped up was another blogger who also said that she hadn't heard a whisper about it and just happened to stumble across it. That is the only thing I could find whatsoever! So, I decided to get this review out there for others with the same experience.

The packaging is similar to the others in the range, however this one features three colours - black, white and pink. It has a pink lid, the same shade as the Anti Oxidant Berry, and a black wind up bit at the bottom. I have to say, I think this is my favourite looking one of the lot.

The smell is incredibly similar to the Anti Oxidant Berry one. I found it very difficult to describe how they are different, but I have come up with a way. Don't laugh until you've read the whole thing, because I think it will help you understand.

Okay, you know those Chupa Chup Lolly pops and how they have the strawberry flavour, and then the strawberry and cream flavour. They both smell and taste the same, but different. You know what I am talking about? Well, the Anti oxidant berry lip balm is like the Strawberry and Cream lolly pop, and the Protecting Berry lip balm is like the Strawberry lolly pop. Do you get it? I hope you do!


My little collection - you can see how it stands out!

Anyway, like the other baby lips, this is incredibly moisturising. This one feels a little creamier than the others, but I'm not sure if that is because it is brand new and I have had my others for a while now. This one has SPF 20 like all the others and gives a juicy, glossy finish to the lips.
 It has no colour or taste which is also the same as the others. This lipbalm is no different to any of the others, except that it is Limited Edition. The only thing I would change about this is the colour of the lid - I would make it black. The reason for this when I have them standing up in the container (which is how I store them) I cannot tell which of the two are which as the lids are the same colour. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect.

It lasts for a long time on the lips and doesn't dry them out at all. You all know how much I love my Baby lips, I give this product 10 out of 10!

How the lids look when being stored - which one is it?

17 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty! I was so tempted to buy this today, i think I might just do it now :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding! You are amazingly lucky!!! I so wish that I could even see it. I would dive for it and snatch it. Then run to the cash!!!!!

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it is. I still can't believe I hadn't heard of it prior to stumbling across it at the shop!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your packaging is much different than the ones I have! It's so interesting that you found this. I live in NYC and I have never seen this, haha! Thank you so much for the lovely comment. I checked your blog out and I love it! You now have a new follower :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I have seen yours and am so jealous because they are tinted! I would love our baby lips to be tinted!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought this today im a sucker for packaging,colours and the wording limited addition wording just grabed my ATTENTION!!! ALARM BELLS went off so i bought it LOL!! I ALWAYS OOGLE WHAT I BUY SO THANK YOU FOR THE TIME YOU SPENT TO REVIEW THE PRODUCT.... XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. No problem! Thanks for your comment, it really means a lot to me that you spent the time to mention it. The packaging is very good at sucking me in too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. how long is this limited edition out for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment. To be honest I really have no idea - I bought this back in January and I haven't really seen them around lately. Some private Chemists stock them, but as for when they will stop selling them, I really don't know.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You bought this in January?! I only got mine today. I had never heard of it before and haven't seen anyone have it either. I've seen the new Lip Glows though. When I got home I checked on the Maybeline website and they didn't have it on the website though. So I googled it and found this! I think it's because they don't sell/make them anymore. Maybe its because I got mine at a local store and not a chemist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen these being sold in aggeeesss. As you noticed, I got mine in January and thought that they were long gone. At the time there wasn't much information about them either, so it's a bit strange!

      Delete
    2. I got mine back in February. I never saw them being sold but I got mine through Facebook where Maybelline were giving tonnes of them away!

      Delete
  11. Interesting. I certainly saw them being sold but not for long!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very happy because I can get this useful information
    Of course with this good article, I will better understand something that you wrote this.
    Thank you very much because you are willing to share interesting things like this with all of us.

    Greetings, and good luck always :)

    Cara Cepat Mengeringkan Koreng Obat Nyeri Tenggorokan Saat Menelan Obat Karurawit Obat Sakit Pinggang Akibat Kecetit Obat Rangen Obat Sekelan Di Ketiak Obat Leuncangeun Obat Oles Penghilang Gatal Di Selangkangan Obat Osteoporosis Herbal yang Ampuh Obat Penurun Tekanan Darah Tinggi yang Ampuh

    ReplyDelete
  13. For the waste segment in the food business, it's a tie between Beauty truck food trucks and cafés. While some providing food trucks are considered eco-accommodating by utilizing corn-based plastic,

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...