Wednesday, February 22, 2012

To curl or not to curl

Lately I have had my heart set on the idea of getting an eyelash curler. I'm not at all sure how this idea managed to wriggle its way into my head, but I can tell you that it's not getting out. The things that I want to know is whether an eyelash curler is worth it? My lashes are naturally reasonably long, and the curl they have is alright, but would an eyelash curler be a sensible thing to purchase?

If so, is it worth getting a cheap one or should I spend a bit more cash on it? I have seen them ranging for dirt cheap to really, really expensive and I just have no idea what they are worth.

Another thing, is using an eyelash curler damaging to your lashes? I know people use them all the time, but people use straighteners too and we all know what that does to your hair!

So, if you have any knowledge regarding eyelash curlers I would love to hear your thoughts!


10 comments:

  1. I know some people go crazy with hundreds of different expensive curlers, but I have a set from Priceline that I've had for ages and they work just fine!
    I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt them, simply because you're putting pressure onto the actual lashes, not the skin itself
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eyelash curlers! I have a cheapy that I use when I go to college and a heated curler for nights out when I really want the curl to last. You will definitely see a difference when you use them correctly :-) As for damage...I have been doing it nearly everyday since I was 16 and I am now 21 and my eyelashes are still there haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to curl my lashes but never noticed any difference, or nothing that lasted anyway. However like yourself i've got really tempted into wanting to re-buy a curler, I think it's worth spending a little more on one, I think that it where I might have gone wrong last time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a cheap eyelash curler and it works quite well X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Straightners and eyelash curlers differ by the fact that one uses heat and the other does not. Eyelash culer is one of those beauty tools that every makeup artist will recommend. They immeditely open up the eyes, making you look more awake! I recommend investing in an expensive pair, that way you wont have to keep replacing them plus they do a decent job of actually curling your lashes. Rather long comment, hope it helps :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gianna - Thanks, glad to know that the most expensive aren't always the most amazing

    Emma - Thanks, good to hear you still have your eyelashes!

    Rachael - Nice to hear another opinion, thanks so much for your comment.

    Char - Another vote for the cheapies! x

    Parveen - You comment does help! A vote for the expensive ones...now I'm really stuck! Haha!

    Thanks for your help guys, very much appreciated.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh nice blog! I just followed! Could you follow me back and enter in my giveaway
    http://beautyfashionbyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-thanks-for-great-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I'll check your blog out!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't need to buy an expensive eyelash curler and they won't ruin your eyelashes. You can also apply mascara after you curl your eyelashes so they are even more curled and longer. You won't need much because you already used the curler and you won't have to gloop it all on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I purchased a cheap one and I use it daily - I love it!
      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...