Monday, March 12, 2012

The colours of the rainbow tag

Gianna tagged me to do this post which I am so excited about! It's called 'The colours of the rainbow' tag and involved finding makeup products from all colours of the rainbow. It is ideal that the actual product is of that colour, but packaging can also be included.

Red
The product I chose for this was my Savvy by DB lipgloss in Ruby. I love this lipgloss range as posted here and Ruby is such a gorgeous red colour with very slight golden shimmer. It is perfect when you want a red lip but not too bold and in your face. I love it! I was debating whether to post my Innoxa nail polish in Hot Chilli because that really is such an amazing colour, but since it is discontinued I decided to go with the lipgloss.

OrangeThis was a bit of a tricky colour, but I decided that my Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox mask would have to be my Orange product.

Yellow
The only yellow product I actually had is my Covergirl Lashblast length waterproof mascara. I was trying to find my review on it to link and then realised I hadn't actually posted one which is unbelievable because I use this almost every day!


Green
This was near impossible this colour...I actually don't have any green products. Okay, I have green nail polish but I don't exactly wear it because I am not exactly a green nail polish fan. Is it possible to fail a tag, because I think I just have...

Blue
Another fail. I have no blue product...except for blue nail polish which I never wear. Oh dear.

Indigo
Aaaannnddd yet another one I cannot complete. Okay, I do have Indigo eyeshadows but I never use them. So that would be cheating, wouldn't it. I also have dark blue eyeliner. I never use that either.

Violet
This tag has reminded me of an old eyeshadow I bought ages ago on sale and never used. It is my Maybelline Shadow Stylist loose eyeshadow in Rich Violet. I really should try and use it more often, apparently lilac eyeshadow is good for green eyes...

So, since I really mucked that tag up, I decided it was only fair that I include a couple more colours to make up for it!

Black
For black I chose my Australis eyeliner. Even though I gave this product 2 out of 10, we have been trying to make things work. We are getting there!

BrownI was going to choose a bronzer but in the end I had no choice but to select my Maybelline mousse eyeshadow in suede sensation. I love this eyeshadow so much and have had so many compliments on it. I was debating whether to select my other Maybelline eyeshadow in the Autumn spirit too. I can't believe I haven't done a review on the mousse eyeshadow. I know it is discontinued, but it is so wonderful I think I'll do one anyway. I know you can get it at some Cheap as Chips shops too despite the fact that it is discontinued...

Gold
Another shadow that I absolutely love is my Loreal Paris Shadow Minerals eyeshadow in 10 Gold. Yet another product I cannot believe I haven't reviewed since I use it so often!

SilverI must go with my two silver polishes that helped me create this look that I got so many lovely comments on from you all. They are so lovely!


Pink
The easiest colour of all, pink! I have so many lovely pink lipsticks, lovely pink blushes and my new illuminator, but in the end I had to go with my Lush Bubblegum lip scrub. It is just that amazing.

 Well, this tag has shown me that in the colours that I do have like brown and pink and red I have thousands of products, and then in the colours green and blue I have nothing! I think I may need to extend my makeup products out a bit. Then again, I would never wear any blue or green product anyway...brown, pink and red are my favourites.

This tag has also shown me that some of my favourite products have not been reviewed. What have I been thinking! I must get on to them right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...