Monday, March 5, 2012

Face of Australia Lipstick - Lychee Crush

I am sure you have heard of this lipstick, if you haven't, you have now - Face of Australia Lipstick in Lychee Crush. The most flattering neutral ever. I went out and bought it after reading Michaela's review on it. You can read that here.
Right. This "Lip Quench SPF 30+ with Shea butter and Jojoba oil" is possibly the most moisturising lipstick. Well, maybe not, but it really feels good on the lips. The colour is oh-so-flattering as reported by several other beauty bloggers with a range of different skin tones. It's like a pale pink, peachy slightly brown colour that looks so much better than it sounds.

It is a very buildable lipstick which I really like. It can look like a stain when you apply a tiny little bit, or it can look like a gorgeous creamy lipstick when applied liberally. I personally like it somewhere inbetween. It's got good pigmentation too. It's got a lovely finish to it - you can see that it is moisturising.

I found that it looked so much nicer when I used my Lush lipscrub prior to applying. It did cling to any flakes or creases in the lips, so it is important to get a nice smooth surface.

I found the lasting power of this to be really good. Usually the lovely creamy lippies tend to rub off in no time, but this stuck around. This is one of those lipsticks that I will be wearing as often as possible, everyday even. It will go with any eye look, whether it be smoky or nice and neutral.

The packing is wonderful. It looks so classy. I love the matte black tube with the white, raised print and the silver band around the edge. What I love most about it though, is how you can see the product through the lid. The sticker on the bottom which is supposed to indicate the colour really doesn't show it accurately, so by having the clear plastic end on the lid you can see the true colour of the lipstick.

The only problem that I could think of having with this lipstick is the scent. It smells a little like sunscreen, a little dry and chemical based. It does go away after a while but it lingers for a little when you first apply it.

I am so glad I got this for ten dollars, it was very much worth it.

I give it 9 out of 10.

I realise that I am reviewing this relatively early, so if my opinion happens to change I will let you know!





4 comments:

  1. I have a review coming up of this too! These lipsticks are amazing :)
    Do you find that they get a bit dry after a while?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very good lipsticks...um, I usually apply a lip balm before I apply this lipstick, so I didn't really find that too much. Another thing is that I sip water a lot throughout the day so I am always getting my lips moist. So no, I didn't really find that, but I'll keep a mental note to take more notice!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing on you!
    Thanks for the link too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thankyou Michaela, maybe frangipanis can wear lipstick after all! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...