Saturday, March 31, 2012

Haul - Op Shopping, Essence and Australis

I went out to Target today to purchase some makeup from the brand Essence, and on the way I popped into the Chemist where I saw...Revlon Lip butters! I was so excited, and quite surprised - How long had they been in Australia? I did about a million swatches all over my hand and then settled on two colours - Strawberry shortcake and Sweet Tart. I hadn't even considered how much they were going to cost so when he asked for $35.90 I nearly died. No way was I going to pay 17.95 for a lip butter! That's ridiculous! Like every other Australian I have been hanging out for these lip butters since they exploded across every beauty blog and youtube video on the internet, but I honestly had not expected them to cost so much!

Anyway, enough complaining. I ended up purchasing an Essence lipstick in the shade 'All about Cupcake' and an Eye souffle (how cool does it feel to say that out loud!) in 'Pas Des Copper.' I went through the bargain bin and found an Australis Retractable lip brush for three dollars so I picked that up too.

When I got home I discovered that the lipstick is the most amazing colour (there was no tester in the shop) and the eye souffle is an incredible dupe for my Maybelline dream mousse shadow in suede sensation. If you read my review on Suede Sensation, you would be aware that I loved it and was afraid that I would run out of it. Because it is a discontinued product I have been scouring the Cheap as Chips around me but cannot find another one. I hope that this will be an adequate replacement for it (fingers crossed!) Not only is the shade similar, but the packaging is so similar too. I can't help thinking that maybe they had intended on making it look like Maybelline's dream mousse shadows...

I have had my eye on the Australis lip brush for a while as I haven't got a lipbrush and it is only $7.95, but something was stopping me. When I saw it for only three dollars today, of course I could not pass up the offer! I'm really pleased with it, but for some reason I can't understand the 'retractable' part of it. It's not working for me!

I also bought a knitted jumper from Target which I love!

I then went to the Op shop where I purchased a shirt/dress and a piece of jewellery. The jewellery is unlike anything I have ever seen before and I paid three dollars for it. The shirt was eight dollars, a little pricier than I would usually go for but I really like it. It is the brand Sweetacacia which I cannot find much information on. I would like to find a website for it but I'm not having much luck.




From Target

From Op Shop

9 comments:

  1. Aha, I just did an Essence haul too! I might have to go pick that lipstick now... I had my eye on it but just never picked it up! Love the knit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, the lipstick is so worth checking out! I might have to look into some of the products you picked up, especially the blush and gloss.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally picked up some Essence products! I've done multiple reviews on their products and for the price you pay, it is decent quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are decent quality - I am looking forward to picking up more products from the range.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Essence have some great products and they are so cheap! I haven't seen the eye souffle yet, I'll have to look out for them.

    Isn't the price of the Revlon lip butters crazy! I haven't seen them in stores here yet, but things always take longer to get to WA for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are crazy! It's so disappointing because I was looking forward to them, but not at that ridiculous price - especially when brands like Essence have equally good products!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I just did an Essence haul too!
    $17.95!? that is actually ridiculous. I knew they would pricey but thats insane. I refuse to buy them, i've seen them decently priced on ebay so I'll prob try there.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, not sure to can find this range of make-up in Europe. Will check...(although I prefer natural cosmetics I have to say :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Femme beauty - Sounds like everyone just did an Essence haul! It is ridiculous...I hadn't thought of Ebay, what a good idea!

    Mademoiselle nature - They are worth checking out if you can find them!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...