Sunday, March 25, 2012

Maybelline Dream Mousse Eyeshadow - Suede Sensation

My Maybelline mousse eyeshadow is probably the best three dollar purchase I have ever made. This little product is my go-to eyeshadow pretty much everyday. It is seriously that amazing. Which is why I am devastated to say, it is discontinued (and I think it has been discontinued for a very long time).
I had never used a cream eyeshadow prior to this one so I was unsure whether it was going to suit me or not. I had several concerns regarding staying power and tendencies to crease, however I have found it to be better than most of my pressed and loose eyeshadows in both of these areas. It lasts all day, although it is considerably more faded than how it started. It does crease a tiny bit, but so little that I am not at all bothered.

This was the only colour available at the time, so this was the one I selected. It just happens to be a gorgeous colour that I often wear alone during the day. It is not at all an attention seeking, spotlight hogging colour, in fact it is subtle but beautiful, just how I like it. I do have to say that it does look awful in the little tub. Just think, the brown colour and putty-like texture is not a particularly good mix when you look at it...what comes into your mind?!

Speaking of the little tub, isn't it just adorable. I love the glass bottom (I think it's glass) and the twisty top, and it is so cute and compact. I like how you can see the product underneath too, that is something I consider to be important.

I love the texture. I kind of thought it would be a little creamier and foamy, but I am so glad that it is not. It's like super warmed up blu-tac. Or warm Plasticine. Remember that stuff?

It isn't particularly pigmented as mentioned before, but I like it like that. It has a little glitter in it, but only really fine shimmer rather than huge chunks (yuck). It looks shimmery when it catches the light.

To apply it I simply use my fingers which I find to be the easiest and most effective way of doing. When using a brush it gets lost in the bristles and I physically cannot get any of it to apply to my eye. It also means I have to wash yet another brush, something I am not willing to do. I did try using q-tips to apply it...worst idea ever.

I will definitely be scouring cheap as chips in the hope of finding some more, this is one of the very few products I will be running out of! I give this product 9 out of 10.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...