Sunday, April 15, 2012

Haul - Rubi Shoes, Equip and more

So yesterday I found myself at the shops (it is happening so frequently these days, I swear the car has a mind of its own!) and of course came home with a thing or two.

I went there to go to Priceline because, if you didn't know, they are having a deal where you spend $60 in one transaction and get a beauty bag worth $220 free. I wasn't sure if I was going to go for it, and in the end I decided not to. I have a heck of a lot of makeup already, and I really don't need any more. Yes, there were so many things I wanted, and I could have easily picked up $60 worth of products, but in the end it's spending $60 that I could have saved. It is a lot of money to spend on products that I will probably love for two minutes, maybe two weeks at a push, and then have pushed to the back of the draw. The stuff inside the beauty bag was lovely but did I need it? No.

I did however, end up picking up some jewellery, shoes and clothes (the shoes and clothes I actually needed).

I went to Equip and saw two rings which I kind of fell in love with. I think they are gorgeous, and they were five dollars each (one was on sale from $9 to $5) so I ended up purchasing them both. There is currently a thing going on where you give your email to them instore and they send you a 50% off voucher for next time. If you visit Equip frequently, make sure you get on board.

I bought two pairs of shoes from Rubi Shoes, because I love my flats and I wear them all the time. As a result my old ones are getting a bit worn out and falling apart. They were $20 each but the deal was two pairs for $30, so that worked out well.

I bought two T-shirts which aren't particularly exciting but I need them as basics for winter as I currently have NO warm shirts. The grey one was $8 and the red $15. They should be pretty easy to dress up with scarves, jackets, long necklaces and what not. Oh I am so not looking forward to winter!

I didn't buy this in the haul, but I figured I may as well include it anyway because it is new and exciting. My mother bought a bag for $40 and one week later decided she didn't like it because it didn't have enough pockets inside (or something like that) so she gave it to me which was nice of her. I really like it, so I shall be using it more often.

In terms of beauty, I did buy a liquid eyeliner for $2. I don't actually have a liquid eyeliner and I'm not sure that I will ever use one. I bought this to see whether it gets used. If it does, I will buy a better quality one - this is just a bit of a tester. I also bought a Paw Paw cream but it is a different brand and comes in a lipgloss type tube with a slanted applicator. That was $2.70.


Not sure what's going on there with the line in the middle...




8 comments:

  1. If you don't end up using the liquid eyeliner much, I have used them as nail art black detail and it works really well, might be something to think about :) Love those black and white flats, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea! Thanks for telling me (So far it's not looking promising and it's good to know it won't go completely to waste!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your restraint when it came to the Priceline beauty bag :p I know what you mean about having too much makeup already, and not *needing* the stuff inside the bag. It's a really sound and rational philosophy to live by. Lovely shoes, I recently took advantage of the 2 for $30 deal at Rubi as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to lie, it was difficult to resist but I figured it probably wouldn't kill me - although seeing your lovely bag nearly did! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shoes are so cute and the rings are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so tempted with the priceline deal as well, but I too have too much makeup. Would have been soooo easy tho :P
    And I love those shoes! I might have to go pick me up some :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would have been easy - I pretty much want everything in Priceline! It's worth getting the shoes, the black ones with the bows are remarkably comfortable.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...