Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sunset inspired eyes

You know how sometimes things just creep up on you unexpectedly and then give you are big surprise? That's what happened to me the other night when I just so happened to open my curtains and look out the window. Look what sight I was greeted with! Isn't it just gorgeous?

Anyway, I was inspired by the beautiful colours and decided to try and recreate the look using eyeshadow. I am not particularly good at 'recreating looks' that have inspired me (okay, I'm useless at it!) but I figured I may as well post it anyway - then you can all have a laugh!

I will stick up for myself and say that the oranges and yellows were brighter and more exciting in real life (not so that they looked awful, but to a nicer degree of colour).  The purple along the lower lash line came up pretty well though.

A couple of these photos are a bit creepy! Hopefully they allow you to see the look at bit better though!

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely sunset! I think it looks very pretty, I bet it is washed out but even still, a lovely shimmery peachy eye and the purple under the lash line looks fabulous :)
    Claire
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire, it's nice to know that I'm not completely hopeless! :) It is a gorgeous sunset, I'm so glad I opened my window!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...