Sunday, May 20, 2012

Femme Fatale Eyeshadows

It's really easy to forget to have fun when you are limited in the makeup you can wear during the week. Whilst I adore my neutral shadows, when I wear the same look every single day it gets a little repetitive, and by the time the weekend rolls around I am not in the mood to wear any at all.

When this wonderful little package arrived in the mail, it made me remember how much fun makeup is - you should have seen the smile on my face when I saw the gorgeous shadows staring back at me! Before I even opened the samples I knew that 'Inscribe' was going to be one of my favourites, and I had my eye on 'Crusader' too.

After my initial ten minutes of excitement - which resulted in an eyeshadow covered camera and glittery hands - it became clear that I was in for a bit of a surprise...these shadows were beautiful.  Space Cow especially is one of the most incredible shadows (the name too) and Obliterate is so striking!

After swatching the samples I knew which shades were my favourite - Inscribe, Crusader and Space Cow. Nevertheless Obliterate, Spirit Bond and Poison are equally as gorgeous, just not shades I will wear as often.

Top - Sunlight/Bottom - Shade
L-R: Crusader, Inscribe, Obliterate, Poison, Space Cow, Spirit Bond
It is clear that these loose shadows are simply gorgeous, but perhaps even more impressive is their pigmentation. The amount of shadow that I used for these swatches was only tiny, yet the colour payoff is incredible.

Still, eyeshadows can be as amazing as they want, but when it comes down to it, it's the price that influences whether I end up purchasing it. For an indie makeup brand from Australia, the prices of the products are unbelievably affordable, and they ship worldwide!

You can buy samples for $1.10 in order to allow you to discover your real favourites before purchasing the full sized product. I don't know about you but I think that is a pretty good deal, and it allows you to test out several different colours. The full sized products cost five dollars, which is on par with brands like Essence and BYS (ie. very affordable).
Space Cow (lighter), Spirit Bond (darker)

So what makes these shadows different from others? Well, these have a wow factor like no other shadow I have come across. Both Space Cow and Spirit bond in particular have the duochrome style going on, and simply put - I love it! They are all so much fun to wear and play around with and you can achieve so many looks. As previously mentioned, the pigmentation is great, as is the lasting power and the texture is wonderful. Loose pigments are a little messy, but if you can get over that then it is so worth it!

Products come with an ingredients list and other information regarding whether it is vegan and lip safe. The website is so easy to navigate around and so aesthetically pleasing.
My experience with communication has been incredibly positive, with email responses the same or following day. The samples arrived within three business days and were sent off immediately.

This look I achieved with the shadows Inscribe (on the lid) and Crusader (highlighting the inner corner).


If you have a spare five dollars or so (and let's face it, us beauty bloggers always seem to have an excuse to spend five dollars on makeup!) then I would recommend going to their website and having a look at their products - I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Additionally, four out of these six shadows are currently $0.90 for samples, while stocks last.

Have you ever tried any of the Femme Fatale products? Which of these shades do you think would be your favourite?

*I was sent these products to review however this has not at all influenced my review in any way.*

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love seeing you feature Femme Fatale Cosmetics! They're fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they really are! I was so impressed with the gorgeous shadows!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...