Sunday, May 27, 2012

My little lipstick collection

Despite the fact that I am obsessed with lip products, I have very few lipsticks (well in comparison to balms and glosses). I've got glosses coming out of my ears, and as for lip balms, I could support the whole of Sydney with lip balms for a month, (perhaps a slight exaggeration) but as for lipsticks, I don't have nearly as many. I don't mind, the colours that I have are used well to their maximum potential, and I am quite content, but when I see a lippy on sale really cheap, I'm sure to snap one up.
Of course everything is relative - I have a lot of lipsticks compared to other people, but when you take a look at some other collections of bloggers and youtubers (is that a word?) it doesn't even make up 1/100th of their collection.

Anyway, back to the point.

I am so pathetic when it comes to bold makeup looks. Neutrals are who I am. Needless to say, I don't have any really unusual colours (like purple) or any dark colours (they just are not my thing!). Pinks are the way to go. I have been wanting a good red, but of course I can't justify paying for one because I know I'll never wear it. I don't go out anywhere remotely formal very often either, so a red lipstick would just be of no use to me.
I tried sorting my lipsticks into pinks, nudes and red/oranges but it didn't really work out like that. It's obvious I tend to gravitate to a particular colour.

Same swatches, different lighting

Lipsticks Left to right:


1. Savvy by DB Jumbo Lip Crayon - Rose
2. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick - Soft Coral
3. BYS Lipstick - Coral Kiss
4. Savvy by DB lipstick - Rose Dew
5. Loreal Paris Made for me Lip Blush- Blush In Nude
6. Face of Australia lipstick - Lychee Crush
7. BYS Lipstick - Champagne Rain
8. Essence lipstick - In the Nude
9. Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick - Metallic Mauve
10. Loreal Paris Made for me Intense lipstick - Pink Fever
11. Savvy by DB lipstick - Pretty Pink
12. BA Lipstick - Carnation
13. BYS lipstick - Sassy Salmon
14. Essence lipstick - All about Cupcake





1-4
5-8
9-14
So there it is, my little lipstick collection. I spent ages picking my favourite lipsticks and they are numbers: 6, 10,11, 14
But to be honest, I love them all.

2 comments:

  1. I keep buying more or less the same lipstick colours over and over again as well. Lychee Crush always stands out to me, such a pretty pinkish nude :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...