Saturday, June 30, 2012

Body Shop Lip balm - Cranberry Joy

I found this little product the other day, sealed and stashed away in the deep dark black hole of my makeup drawer.

I found it to be a very exciting discovery - even more so when I found out that a) it was a different flavour to any other lipbalm I own (who would have thought it could be possible!) and b) the packaging is amazingly adorable.

It comes in a little tin with a pull-off lid. It's a lovely bright red and has a sweet little pattern circling the rim of the lid. As soon as you take the lid off there is an overwhelmingly strong fruity/berry scent that I am yet to decide if I like or not. I am a fan of the actual scent itself, but the strength of it is headache inducing. Nevertheless, once on the lips it tones down a little, and is a pleasant hint of berry.

The little pot is really quite huge and contains a heck of a lot of product (15ml or 13g to be exact). As it is a pot, it requires a bit of finger-dipping for application which could turn you off the product depending on your tolerance for this kind of lip balm application.

Like most of the lip balms from the body shop, they are more like toned down glosses than moisturising balms, but a lot of fun and good at sucking you in anyway. When I first saw the product I was a little (okay a lot) concerned with the seemingly large amount of silver glitter dispersed through the product. I am not a fan of glittery products at the best of times, especially on your lips. You needn't worry though, because once applied on the lips it magically disappears.

It's slightly tinted and makes your lips looks a slightly darker tint of pink or red. It feels so wonderful on the lips, I spend all day smushing them together. It's not at all sticky which is wonderful. It has no taste, which is probably a good thing. After a while it does feel a little drying, but it lasts for a long time before it gets to that stage. After another application your lips feel as good as new.

So, if you are on the lookout for plump, glossy, slightly red lips then this product is the way to go. If you are looking for moisture then I wouldn't spend my money on this (it costs $9.95 by the way). I do like this product - it doesn't tick all the boxes and the application side of things is an absolute pain, but I'm pleased with my find (and I love looking at the packaging!)

I give this product 7 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have a vast variety of custom kraft and Custom Packaging Boxes at Ibex Packaging. We are always ready to serve you with our premium services.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...