Monday, July 16, 2012

Haul - Revlon, Face of Australia, Australis, Bourjois

I haven't had a decent beauty haul in what seems like ages. I went shopping with a friend of mine recently with every intention of purchasing a heck of a lot, and came back with some products I have been admiring for a long time.

First up was Myer, where the Revlon Lip Butters were on sale for $15. Whilst I still think it is a little excessive in price for what is essentially just a tinted lip balm, I knew I had to buy one. I had been selecting a shade for months now, swatching all the shades every time I went into a Priceline, and so I knew it would be Sweet Tart that would be coming home with me. Isn't it gorgeous?!

I then went running to Target where I bought three more exciting products. The Face of Australia lip crayons weren't on sale but I had to get them anyway. All three shades come in a pack for $15, which means that each crayon costs only five dollars! These have been compared to the ridiculously priced Clinique Chubby Sticks ($35) which I don't own, but I am interested in seeing how the Face of Australia ones turn out.

I then went past the Australis stand and noticed the Nudist palette for the lovely cheap price of $5! Weeks ago it was selling for $12 and then it went down to $10, but I am so glad that I bought it for five!

Last but not least I noticed the little Bourjois stand. Only the other day I read the blog Sleep and Water where I admired the beautiful post on the Bourjois blushes. To my delight, the blushes were on sale from $20 down to only $5. I ended up purchasing the shade Rose Frisson.

I will be posting reviews on all of these products, of course, in the upcoming month. Have you tried any of these products?





10 comments:

  1. Lovely little haul! I'm pretty sure all the Bourjois blushes are discounted to $5 now at Target, it's just about how much stock they have in the individual stores. Thanks for the little mention! Sweet Tart is one of my fav Lip Butter colours, fab choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the Bourjois blush deal wonderful! I only bought one and then went back to purchase more and of course they had all sold out, still that is probably a good thing! :) So far I'm a big fan of Sweet tart.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm exactly the same with the Revlon lip butters; I always swatch different ones when I see them in stores to decide which one I like most, but I've still never actually bought one! They are all too pretty to choose just one!

    And I've got the FOA lip crayons, and I LOVE them! I bought them thinking I would only use the pink most of the time, but it's actually been the red! The colour is so buildable on your lips, so you can have them really light or really dark. Only problem I found is they don't last long, a couple of hours for me at the most. Putting clear lip gloss over the top seems to help a little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent so long swatching the Revlon Lip butters, I think it was actually more fun doing that than purchasing one! :)

      I've actually heard so many people say that they thought they would love the pink one but instead ended up using the red one! Thanks for letting me know the gloss trick, so far I'm really liking them.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I still haven't been able to find any of those FOA lip pencils! I also went to Target the other day and found a Bourjois blush for < $5, score! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame you can't find the FOA crayons, I'm really loving them so far. Isn't the Bourjois blush deal wonderful?!
      xx

      Delete
    2. this reply would probably be a million years late BUT if you're still looking for those FOA lip pencils you can get them at kmart atm for $3 off... :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the comment! No comment is too late :) Thankyou for informing us of the deal.
      x

      Delete
  4. Fabulous purchases... Looks like I am off to find the nearest Target to snap up the Australis palette and Bourjois blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a wonderful idea! The small Target I usually go to didn't have the Australis palette, so hopefully you can find one!
      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...