Friday, December 21, 2012

Loreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Anti-Dull Skin Primer - Light Skin


I remember when I picked this up a remarkably long time ago. It was on sale for $5 and I recall thinking how much of a bargain that was, because Loreal products are usually really expensive. It is an anti-dull skin primer, and so I was really excited about using it.

I've worn it once in my life and never again will I use it. It's the most awful, shimmery, liquidy mess that you will ever come across and it makes your skin look hideous.

Because it is a pinky salmon type colour, it is meant to brighten dull skin. What it does is simply make you look like a beetroot, but not just any beetroot - a sparkly one. Yes, there is so much glitter and shimmer in this it is just not funny, and I think even the most hardcore shimmer lovers wouldn't be able to handle this. It literally makes your face sparkle in this creepy and childish type fashion.
The product itself comes in a bottle which does have a pump - my favourite way for a face product to be dispensed. It is a very runny texture and doesn't blend well into the skin. You only need the tiniest amount because it goes everywhere. It feels good on  and dries to a matte type finish. The shimmer means that it is remarkably glowy, and the chunks of silver glitter add to the sparkle.

In terms of lasting power and other factors like that, I haven't really bothered to wait around and find out because I just hate the sparkly nature of this product so much as well as the pink finish it gives to my skin.


Whilst this has been a short review, I think it is clear that this is a product I would not at all recommend, but to be honest I'm not even sure if they sell this anymore. I give this product 2/10.

Also, apologies for the not so wonderful photos, I was in such a hurry and figured that this terrible product didn't deserve to be photographed nicely anyway!


6 comments:

  1. So disappointing! It doesn't matter how much you pay, if its a good brand, you expect it to be decent! THis must be the reason so many of the pricelines around me got rid of their L'oreal studio secrets displays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was disappointing, like you said, especially because it is a well known, highly regarded brand! I expect it probably was why no one wanted to purchase it, because it is an awful product.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! I sure won't be picking this up.
    I think it's time I try finding a good primer because my foundation just doesn't apply well :/

    I am not a shimmer fan, I love my matte eyeshadows, matte blushes, matte bronzers but not matte lips :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought that a primer was worthwhile because I found that my foundation lasted all day (lucky me!) but then when I was sent two to review I discovered how much of a difference it makes in terms of keeping your foundation looking fresh and flawless - I would recommend on. The one by FOA is pretty good, I completed a review on it if you are interested.

      I quite like my shimmer but in small doses. I like glossy lips too :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Hahaha a sparkly beetroot! XD I will avoid like the plague!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan - I wouldn't take the risk of resembling a sparkly beetroot if I was you either!
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...