Monday, December 24, 2012

Moisturiser obsession - the FIVE moisturisers I use!

Lately my skin has been painfully dry, I'm talking peeling off and flaking kind of dry. I tried to convince myself that I was just like a snake, and that shedding my skin was a natural and healthy process, but I was unsuccessful at fooling myself - it's just disgusting and something needs to be done about it immediately!

I have no idea as to what might be the cause of this sudden dryness, especially because it is skin all over my body, not just my face or hands. Anyhow, back to the point of this post, such dry skin has meant that I have really been getting into my moisturisers. These are the ones I apply day and night:

The Body Shop Strawberry body butter - I use this on my feet and elbows because that is the driest part of my body and this is the hardcore stuff (being a 'body butter and all). I love this product, the scent especially, but it is perfect for such dry skin.

Garnier Body Intensive 7 days hydrating lotion -  I use this on my arms and legs, and I love this stuff. It has a refreshing smell, soaks right into the skin leaving it moisturised and soft but not greasy, and is cheap (I'm talking $5 cheap!)

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs Radiant body lotion - I only just started getting into this, and I use it on my hands. It feels so lovely and smells divine, this is the perfect hand cream for me.

Clean and Clear essentials moisturiser - I am a huge fan of this moisturiser because it suits my skin very well. It is non greasy but is packed full of moisture, which is important because my face can never decide whether it wants to be oily, dry, or a combination of the two.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream - I use this moisturiser on the dry parts of my face that really need that extra boost. I find that this is quite a greasy moisturiser and that it doesn't soak in all that well, which is why I only use it on the driest areas.

So this is what I use morning and night in my somewhat elaborate routine. I think that it is quite crazy that I use five different moisturisers, but I think most beauty fanatics would understand where I am coming from when I say that they all have different properties suitable for different needs!

6 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the Garnier so cheap! May have to pick some up :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is definitely worth picking some up :) Thanks for commenting!
      xx

      Delete
  2. The Clean and Clear is available here, but never happened to try it. I am surely trying it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, and it is one of the cheaper skincare brands here in Australia.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I think I need to pick up some of the body shop body butter because my legs are horribly dry. They itch so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little on the pricey side but it smells just gorgeous and I find it great for the heavier duty stuff.
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...