Friday, March 22, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter Berry Smoothie

The Revlon lip butters were one of those products that literally exploded onto the internet. Beauty bloggers went wild swatching and raving about the tubes of buttery goodness, all while Australia sat back and watched, patiently waiting for them to make their way across the ocean to make contact with our soils (knowing full well that when they did they would be exorbitantly priced). Well they were - at $21.95, in fact - and despite the unbelievable price tag we all bought at least one anyway.

I bought the lip butter in Sweet Tart for half price back when they first came out, though even then I was super late on the bandwagon. Though I really do like it (I actually love the shade) it's not the most practical, every day kind of colour. I have wanted a more everyday colour for so long but just could not handle the crazy price. I was debating whether to get Peach Parfait or Berry Smoothie, and when Priceline was having a buy one get one free sale (it's still going but ends 25th March!) I just went to get both.

That didn't actually happen. When I got to Priceline I got very distracted by the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I have one in the shade Smitten, which is very pretty, but once again it isn't exactly an every day kind of colour. I went to get the shade Honey but when I swatched it I saw it was almost identical to Berry Smoothie. Long story short, I got both the lip butter in Berry Smoothie and the Balm Stain in Romantic for $21.95.

Anyway, back to the story - what do I think of the Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie?!

I love it. I love it so much. It is the most beautiful berry colour that's not too bright and not too subtle. It's not too pink and it's not too red. It's just right.

As is the case with all of the lip butters, they are packaged in a classy looking silver tube, covered by a quilted patterned case in the corresponding colour. The top of cover is also clear so that you are able to see the lip product from the top when you are sifting through all those lipsticks you have in your collection!

The shade itself, as mentioned, is a lovely everyday but still somewhat exciting kind of berry shade. It does have a slight amount of shimmer in it but when it is on the lips I haven't noticed it.

The formula, despite being called a lip butter, isn't exactly as moisturising as I had initially thought, although I do wear this all the time and any excessive use of a lip product is bound to dry your lips out. If I apply a lip balm prior to wearing this it lessens the problem, as well as alternating between this and a balm throughout the day.

It is really quite pigmented which is a feature that I like, because it is more pigmented than a tinted lip balm but not as opaque as a lipstick - it's just a good inbetween.

I have had difficulties with the product actually softening to the point where it is a little smushed up in the tube. I'm not sure whether that is because it has been stored in some particularly hot places or whether it is just a soft kind of product.

In terms of lasting power I find that this does quite well as it leaves a bit of a stain once the product appears to have worn off.

Even though these are so crazily priced (especially comparing the prices between America and Australia!) I still feel compelled to purchase more. I love this shade because it is beautiful yet wearable, and already I have had more use of this than Sweet Tart.

I give this 9/10.




10 comments:

  1. Berry Smoothie is a lovely colour! I've been giving Peach Parfait a lot of love lately and it's almost half gone already! I had a look in Priceline the other day and found a few other shades I would love - but I would definitely wait until a good sale (like the Buy one get one at the moment... too poor for more lip products though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peach Parfait looks very beautiful, and I am so impressed that you've used up so much! I love the look of Candy Apple but I have to be honest with myself - I would never get much wear out of it. Tutti Frutti is also SO pretty buy once again, I am not going to wear it very often.
      xxx

      Delete
    2. They're both shades I was looking at, haha! The good thing about Revlon lip butters is they're sheer enough so you can get away with the more bright colours and it not looking too crazy.

      Delete
    3. So true...ahhhh you're convincing me to purchase more when I really shouldn't! :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. This is one of my fav shades in lip butters, think it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berry Smoothie is one of my fave lip butters! :) It's very wearable for me too, although a bit on the darker side.
    I also love Strawberry Shortcake x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is slightly dark but my lips are fairly pigmented anyway so it works out well. Strawberry Shortcake looks beautiful!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Just casually going through your archives haha really like your blog. Anyway this is my FAVOURITE Revlon Lip Butter and I have about 11 or 12! Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart and Lollipop are my favourites :D the others I could do without. I actually don't like Peach Parfait at all - it's too drying and shimmery for me. But yay couldn't not comment on this haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw thank you! I am like that too, always going through the archives of other blogs! I wear this SO often, I absolutely love this shade. The other Lip butter I have is Sweet Tart, and whilst it is a beautiful colour I just don't wear it all that often. Interesting to hear your thoughts about Peach Parfait, especially because so many people rave about it.
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...