Sunday, April 28, 2013

MUA Intense Kisses High Intensity Gloss - Lips are sealed


MUA is a brand that I have never really explored due to the fact that it isn't highly accessible in Australia. I have read countless posts about their eyeshadow palettes and their lipsticks but not much about any of their other products. You can imagine how excited I was when I was given the opportunity to try out some of their lipglosses when I won Dawn's Giveaway from over at See it, Love it, Swatch it. 

My first impressions of the lipgloss were quite mixed. The packaging from the back looks quite classy, but then at the front appears to be a little cheap. I think if they removed the glittery sticker of the lips and changed the print to black it would look a lot nicer.

Still, the packaging is very effective and contains a doe foot applicator sponge, my favourite. I think it is so important for this product that it isn't a squeezy tube because this gloss is so thick and pigmented.

This gloss is literally like a liquid lipstick. I was so surprised when I went to apply it, because it is 100% opaque in one swipe and has the colour payoff like a really high quality lipstick. It feels like a gorgeous velvety gloss and is not in the slightest bit sticky or gritty. The texture is not too thin and not too thick, it's just perfect.

The only difficulty that arises with a product like this is that because it is still a gloss form, it is rather difficult to control any bleeding or colour slipping outside of the lipline. Usually this isn't too much of a problem with a semi-sheer gloss but when it is an opaque hot pink, it does look a little silly.

The shade 'Lips are sealed' is the most stunning berry pink kind of colour. When swatched it is a hot pink, rather bright kind of shade but once applied on my pigmented lips it appears to be significantly darker. In the tube you can see the slightest hint of tiny golden shimmer, but I am actually convinced that it has to be part of the packaging because it is not at all detectable on the lips.

When applied it is a glossy, satin type finish and then as time goes on and it wears off a little it leaves a beautiful stain. I felt as though my lips belonged on an advertisment with the rich colour and the incredible finish. The only complaint I could really come up with is that it made my teeth look a little yellow.

The silky smooth nature of this product and the incredibly pigmented colour makes for a very impressive product. Glosses are not at all my favourite kind of product but this is the exception. This lasts a reasonable amount of time, extended by the fact that it does stain the lips.

This does have a slight scent though it is neither pleasant nor unpleasant.


I don't know if you can get these in Australia but on their UK website they appear to be ridiculously cheap. I imagine it wouldn't be the case for Aussies, but you never know.

I love this gloss and would purchase another shade if I ever stumbled across them in Australia. I give this 9/10.




14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand before, but i think i'm going to try it out. Thanks for this post.
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MUA for it's super affordable yet amazing quality products! Great review ;) he he it's making me want to try this out!

    Please would you check out my new blog: the-hijabi-diaries.blogspot.com
    (much appreciated)

    Thank you

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really impressed with this product!
      xx

      Delete
  3. This colour is lovely! Sounds like a great formula too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUA has some fantastic products. I love them.
    I just order them from their website, shipping isn't cray cray or anything.
    I'm amazed by the pigmentation of this lip gloss though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish we could get MUA products easily in Australia. And Elf, and Nyx, and every other American brand under the sun! This gloss is ridiculously pigmented!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Okay, kind of kicking myself that I didn't buy one for myself! Haha I'm glad you like it, the colour looks stunning as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It is the most gorgeous pink! I love it!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Wow! I'm so happy I found this blog its amazing! :) I really want to try MUA products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly is pigmented!
    It sounds great although I'm not much of a gloss person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a gloss person either but honestly, it's gorgeous!
      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...