Sunday, May 12, 2013

Arbonne Sheer Finish Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 - Fair

I was blessed to be contacted by a representative of Arbonne cosmetics and sent a number of products to review. The Sheer Finish Tinted Moisturiser in the shade Fair was one of them.

In a world where somewhat pretentious BB creams are taking the spotlight, it is nice to see a humble tinted moisturiser that doesn't promise much more than what I wanted it for in the first place - light coverage and a bit of moisture. 

Though it does appear to have it's own array of magical qualities, I like that it doesn't claim to be life changing in any way. 

Arbonne's vitamin-enriched Sheer Finish Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 restores optimal moisture balance in a long lasting fine moisturiser. Apply a thin layer for a light, natural coverage with a soft focus finish, helping to blur out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The unique formula ensures the skin is well nourished, supports breathability and enhances sun protection, while also maintaining and restoring optimal moisture balance to the skin. 

I think that is a fairly accurate description of the product myself - It is moisturising, has a light natural coverage and gives a bit of sun protection. 

The shade I have, fair, is the lightest of six. I am so impressed that unlike many other brands of tinted moisturisers, there are more than 1-3 shades. There is nothing worse than skin products that don't match your skin tone, and finally a brand has appeared to understand that and has chosen to cater for a wider range of skin tones! Fair is an ideal shade for my skin in winter, but it is almost borderline too light. I think it is brilliant that Arbonne does in fact go to such a light shade because so many pale girls struggle to find products suitable for their skin. I am impressed!

The formula of the product itself is a little strange. It has an interesting scent - nothing offensive just nothing particularly nice either. When you first apply it to the face it has a really thick, tacky kind of texture and requires a considerable amount of rubbing in to effectively distribute it evenly across the face. Then suddenly, unexpectedly, it all seems to disperse out with ease and almost dissolve into the skin. I don't really love the way it does this, but in the end I am able to apply it evenly and well, and it's not too much of a hassle so I can't really complain - it's just a bit weird!

The packaging, as has been the case with all the Arbonne products, is flawless. The gorgeous black tube, flattened out with silver print is so very classy and it looks simply expensive. The Arbonne logo fits well with the feel of the product. 

In terms of the coverage, it's really light. I do believe that it does make a difference in terms of blurring minor imperfections and discolouration but it is by no means an adequate replacement for a foundation, rather a combination of sun protection, moisturiser and the slightest hint of tint (exactly what it promised to be). I found that using heavier concealer with this gave me coverage that I was happy with.

It was hard to judge the lasting power of this tinted moisturiser but I think it is safe to say that it made it through the majority of the day. I have mentioned before that by the end of the day, my makeup is really the least of my concerns so I wouldn't really care if I felt that it had disappeared, but when I go to cleanse my face at the end of the day I can see it washing off. 

I do like this tinted moisturiser and I feel that it does all that it promises to do, but I think if I had the opportunity to change it a little I would amplify the level of coverage it has as well as altering the formulation so that it is easier to blend into the skin. 

It isn't cheap, especially in comparison to other tinted moisturisers, at $50. It can be purchased from their website if you are interested. Arbonne also has a facebook page you can check out here

I give this product 7/10.

*Lastly, on a completely unrelated note, I hit pan for the first time in my entire life, with my Maybelline Dream Matte powder, a product that I purchased just over a year ago. How exciting!




4 comments:

  1. I loved Arbonne when I tested out their products! I like the idea of them having more than three shades too! Good for them for finally sticking up for us pale gals haha!
    And congrats on hitting pan!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have found Arbonne to be a really good quality brand. I think there is nothing worse than a pathetic shade range consisting of only 3 shades so it was wonderful to see 6!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I find that most tinted moisturisers are too sheer for my taste. I'd much rather use BB creams!
    Yay for hitting pan on your first on your product :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't noticed much difference between tinted moisturisers and BB creams in general, then again I haven't used that many BB creams either. Why thank you, it is quite exciting!
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...