Friday, May 10, 2013

Behind the Blog - Sweetaholic Beauty

Can you believe we are already up to the fifth installment of the Behind the Blog series here on YouReview? It's crazy!

Post number five this week belongs to the beautiful Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty. I am sure many of you will know her, she is a very influential beauty blogger and is very involved in the beauty community. If you don't know her please check out her blog!

Jasmine has haul posts, subscription box reviews but most of all incredible product reviews from the most amazing range of brands (half of them I only discover from her!).

This week Jasmine spoke about Doctor Who, Japan and winged eyeliner!




Why do you enjoy blogging?
I think my absolutely favourite thing about blogging is interacting! I love reading people's comments, knowing that they've read my content! I love chatting to fellow bloggers via the comments, or on twitter, or even on Facebook! It's been great making friends, meeting up with other bloggers even! In "real life" I don't have a lot of friends who are interested in makeup so it feels so nice to have a group of girls online that I can gush over the latest products with, without feeling judged or ignored! 

What is one piece of advice you could give to a new blogger?
Just one? Don't be afraid to talk to established bloggers! When I first started out, I was a bit scared to talk to established bloggers, as I thought they might be rude, or ignore me altogether. I was pleasantly surprised to find that most bloggers were lovely and easy to talk to, and really helpful if I had any noob questions! I've also made a lot of great friends! Any blogger that is rude or ignores you, just because you aren't established, isn't worth your time. This also really helps to get your name out there and help traffic to your blog. 

What is your signature makeup look?
I'm really boring with my every day makeup, but my signature look is definitely winged eyeliner! I don't go a day without wearing gel or liquid eyeliner and creating the winged look! I have really small eyes (or at least that's how they feel) so I feel like the look really makes my eyes pop, and stops them from looking so small! So I usually go for neutral eye colour with winged eyeliner, and a coral or orange lip!

What do you have the most of in your makeup collection?
I definitely have far too many palettes. When I first began my love affair with makeup, I fell in love with the idea of a palette, so I had to buy them all! I preferred eye shadow palettes as they had so many different colours, so now I have about three drawers filled with palettes! It's a little bit crazy! 

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
The place I always wanted to visit growing up was Japan, which I was lucky enough to visit in my high school years. I really want to go back without school, but I think being a beauty blogger, a place I really want to travel to now is the US. Not only do they have some amazing landmarks (not to mention all the "landmarks" we grew up with on TV - like Carrie Bradshaw's apartment door!) as well as some crazy food. But we all know the real reason I'd like to travel there - discount makeup!

Do you have any nerdy characteristics?
I am a giant nerd! Aside from loving all things beauty, I love all things nerdy! My boyfriend and I read comics, watch Doctor Who and collect Lord of the Rings memorabilia  I can't imagine how boring life would have been in high school as one of the "cool" kids as they didn't seem to have any interests at all in comparison to all the nerdy things I obsessed over! Nerd for life! 

Thank you so much Jasmine! Just a quick side note, how great is that last picture of the Glitterati polishes? 

If you would like to nominate a blogger to be featured, please don't hesitate to let me know by emailing me at candiceyoureview@yahoo.com.


10 comments:

  1. Awww yay! Jasmine is so wonderful :) so glad she was featured xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      Thanks so much for your support with this series Sarah!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Jasmine is one of my favourite bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, of course Jasmine had to be featured! She's one of my fave bloggers too ^_^ She's super sweet and I still remember when I first started out with my blog, she was one of my first few followers and supported me even back then. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course she had to! :) She was one of my early followers too and you are so right, she is so supportive and it is just that confidence boost that you need when you are starting out!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Nawww thank you for all the sweet words Candice, and to all the sweeties who commented :D
    You guys all have great blogs too! <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jasmine's blog, her posts are always something I look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...