Saturday, May 18, 2013

B.liv by Cellnique Off With Those Heads Sebum Gel and discount code


*Just before I begin this review, I will let you know that there are some before and after photos of blackheads and my nose, so if you're not into the idea of seeing that then click out! I will say though, the results are pretty impressive...

Blackheads have been my major skin problem since the very beginning of time. Occasionally I get a pimple or two but it is blackheads that seem to be a permanent fixation on my face, and one that I've never been able to do anything about.

I was contacted by a skincare brand I had never heard of called B.liv. B.liv is a brand that focuses on skincare, particularly problems like blackheads, large pores, dryness and acne. They don't test their products on animals

I was asked to provide some information regarding the nature of my skin. This is what I responded with:

"I went to your facebook page where I saw a description of combination skin - In some areas of your face it can feel tight after washing; it can be flaky, look dull or feel rough. And in other areas, typically the T-zone, your skin looks shiny, feel greasy and is prone to pimples and blackheads. This is what I feel my skin is like. I have blackheads, particularly on my nose, though I wouldn't describe my pores as terribly large. My skin isn't sensitive though it goes dry and can flake when the products are too harsh and drying. I get small blemishes from time to time, though never at all like acne. My skin does scar and I do have marks from past blemishes."

I was matched up to three products that would either help get rid of or manage my skin problems or prevent further problems in the future. It sounded amazing but I must admit, so many brands these days claim to have miracle skin products that I really didn't have much faith that they were going to be life changing.

I used the three products for a month and then compared before and after photos, and my goodness am I amazed.

"Off with those heads" is a clear sebum gel that extracts blackheads without having to painfully squeeze them out. Apparently it softens whatever is clogging your pores thus clearing them out. It is made of ingredients that keep oil under control.  It also claims to stop blackheads from ever appearing again once having gotten rid of them the first time! On the packaging it said that it would only take 14 days to work but I found that I needed to use it for a solid month to notice results.

Basically I just applied the smallest amount of gel, probably smaller than a pea size, on my nose morning and night. It felt lovely on the skin, soaked in straight away and caused no problems under my makeup. I thought that perhaps it would result in my makeup fading or sliding off more quickly but there was no noticeable difference whatsoever.

I maintained my usual skincare routine, cleansing at night and applying moisturiser twice daily. Over the four weeks that I trialled the product I didn't notice any real difference but then when I came to write this post and compared the before and after photos I realised how wrong I was. This product is incredible.































As you can see from the photos, the results are very impressive - almost all of my blackheads have been cleared completely. Of course I do still have a couple that won't budge, but the majority of them are completely gone. I will mention that I found the product to certainly soften the blackheads making them easier to extract physically, so I did help the product out with a bit of squeezing here and there.

I stopped using the product once having seen the results and unfortunately, unlike it says on the packaging, you do need to keep using this product otherwise they will come back.

Not only is the product itself simply awesome, but I love the packaging and general style of all the B.liv products. The packaging is classy looking but still fun, the products are practical (I love that they have pumps) and the names of all the products are so creative.

I am actually quite astounded at how well this product really did work for me because rarely do I come across a product that matches what it claims to do!

I would purchase this without any hesitation because it worked so effectively and was so easy to use, comfortable to wear and simple to slip into my current skincare routine.

It can be purchased from the B.liv website here, for $49. Shipping world wide is free and you receive a sample product for each product that you buy. Admittedly, it is quite an expensive product, especially as you only get 15mL of product, but after 4 weeks of use I am not even close to having used it all up.

For all who are interested, I have a code that you can type in that gives you 30% off products from their website, valid until June 30 2013. That code is BLG30A

I am so impressed with this skincare brand and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to test out some of their products. I give this product 10/10.

Keep an eye out for some more reviews on their products!

17 comments:

  1. Those are some fantastic results!! :D
    I don't struggle with blackheads much but acne and acne scars are my main concern. I just visited their website and am pleased to see that they have acne-directed products too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! :) My skin scars quite easily so even though I have been lucky to have never had any real acne, every tiny little blemish seems to leave a permanent mark - it is so frustrating. From what I understand they have some products for acne, though I wouldn't have a clue whether they are effective or not.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The results are soooo crazy amazing! I need this! I have the worst blackheads on my nose. I'm really tempted with your 30% off code :/ I can't decide. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too - I have always been such a skeptic with products like this and then when I was so blessed to be able to try it out I nearly died when I compared the photos! If I were you I would look up a couple more reviews to see other people's experiences. I know on their website people are able to leave comments about the product and it has a really high rating. I think it is their best selling product, actually. Anyhow, I can understand why it is a bit hard to decide because it is so expensive...at least if you do want to get it there is the 30% off code :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Awesome Range
    Great products at really great prices.

    obagi nu derm starter kit

    Thanks
    Alison Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I'm so impressed with the final results! I also received a few B.Liv products, but haven't been able to test them out yet, but after reading your experience I'm so excited to try mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel like I'm on one of those commercials where I talk about all the crazy ways in which the product has changed my life and then everyone watching just scoffs and changes channel! :) I received three products and this was definitely the best out of the three, but the other two are great as well. It is so very exciting!
      xx

      Delete
  5. The results are amazing! I've always struggled to find something to hide/remove my blackheads. I've tried Benefit's Porefessional and while they were hidden, after a few hours, the blackhead reappeared which was a shame so this sounds like a great product to try out even though it is quite expensive, it looks like its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackheads are stubborn little things! It is expensive but it certainly worked.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Wow what an amazing result, nobody could deny that it doesn't work with those photos right there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I took before and after photos!
      x

      Delete
  7. A picture really tells the whole story here - this stuff really works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what an amazing difference! My boyfriend has really awful blackheads on his nose and I showed him this, but he's indifferent.. I'm thinking a birthday present perhaps? haha :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys don't seem to care as much...they just go with whatever :) Perhaps it might have to be a birthday present :)
      xx

      Delete
  9. Holy moly the before and after difference in amazing. Your pictures really show the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty impressive! The photos are a little gross but at least you can see what the product actually did!
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...