Thursday, June 6, 2013

Arbonne Lipstick - Strawberry

It has taken me a little while to get around to reviewing this, but I was contacted by Arbonne to write a review on some of their products (see tinted moisturiser, blush and eyeshadow) and I have thoroughly enjoyed testing out a new brand.

The Arbonne lipstick is unlike any other lipstick I own, packaged in a sleek little matte black tube squared off at the edges, kind of like the Revlon lipbutter shape but a lot slimmer. I say this every time, but Arbonne packaging is so classy and looks like it costs gazillions!

I received the shade Strawberry, a vibrant red. When I first swatched it on my hand I was blown away, the pigmentation is out of this world. It has the most beautiful opaque finish that I have ever come across and means that this stunning blood red shade literally takes the spotlight no matter what other makeup you have on your face. I don't think I have ever come across a red lipstick that has this same effect, it is the richest most eye-catching shade.

Naturally, as a result only the most fearless could pull this off, so I had to find a way to alter it so that I could wear it! My preferred way to wear this is as more of a stain. I apply it super lightly and then rub scrub it off with a tissue, leaving behind a highly pigmented stain that lasts hours. It blends into my lips perfectly and looks quite natural (well, as natural as a blood red lip can look). When you apply this lipstick you really are committing to it for an entire day as it won't budge!

You can eat and drink as much as you like, but even once the lipstick itself seems to have worn off it leaves a lovely stain behind.

This lipstick has no scent and in terms of texture does actually get a little dry in the bullet and can be a little tricky to apply. It certainly requires time and effort during application as a result of its insanely pigmented nature. I personally would apply it with a lip brush, however as it is such a thin bullet it can be quite precise straight from the tube.

On the lips it is neither glossy nor matte, just an in-between kind of finish. The way I wear it, as a stain, can be quite drying so I apply either a balm underneath or gloss on top, but when wearing it as intended dryness is not a problem.

I am blown away by the incredible quality of this lipstick and how beautiful the shade is! It is not cheap, at $37 but if I wanted to splurge on a lipstick, this would be it. I have checked out their range multiple times (which consists of 14 lipstick shades) and can easily say that I have fallen in love with the shade Coral Reef, as modelled by Tram over at Beauty with the Beautifool. 

I give this product 9 out of 10.







6 comments:

  1. The quality of the lipstick I got is amazing too! The opacity is just - wow.
    Strawberry is a stunning red shade! Definitely helps make a statement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so freaking pigmented, it is crazy! Sure does make a statement!
      x

      Delete
  2. The colour looks gorgeous! The consistency sounds great as well :D

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...