Sunday, June 23, 2013

B.liv by Cellnique Shrink and Tighten Large Pore Reducing Serum

I am a little bit (okay, a lot) late with this review but better late than never! To be honest if I didn't get around to posting this review you wouldn't really be missing out on much!

I have been using this Shrink and Tighten pore serum consistently for weeks in the hope that the large pores on my forehead, chin and cheeks would be made smaller.

This serum, like all the B.liv by Cellnique skincare products, has awesome packaging, unlike the typical skincare 'look' that many products have. I like that the products are colour coded according to their function, with the products that target blackheads orange and the pore shrinking range housed in purple. This comes with a pump that pumps out way too much product (I use about 1/8 of a pump!) but it's not too much of a problem

The serum is completely clear and the perfect consistency to rub right into the skin. It soaks in immediately and feels really lovely and silky. It doesn't alter the way that the skin looks (no shine or gloss is left from the product) and I noticed no excess oil production or anything of the likes throughout the remainder of the day. If anything, this product made my skin more matte and seemed to almost control oil!

So at first glance and after regular use, this product seems to be pretty darn good. Well, it is, except when it comes to results. After having used it for about 6 weeks now, I have noticed absolutely no change in the size of my pores whatsoever, but I continue to apply it because I like the way it makes my skin feel, all soft and silky! I do feel as though my skin looks healthier and more 'youthful' (not that such is a problem considering I am not yet even in my twenties!) but as for pores...it's pretty useless.

Still, I will admit, my pores are hardly enormous. I have the occasional giant one here and there as a result of particularly horrific persistent, immovable blemishes in the past but the majority of my pores are pretty small. Perhaps this is why I didn't notice great changes, at least not like I did with the Off with those heads blackhead gel.

For $49, this is not at all cheap and if I had paid for this I would not be impressed. Sure, it looks and feels nice on the skin but it's an expensive way to do so.

Unfortunately I have to give this 4/10, and continue raving about the Blackhead gel which worked miracles - literally!

My 'after' picture, identical to the way my skin looked before
Have you tried this and did it work for you?

8 comments:

  1. Shame it didn't produce noticeable results!
    I still really want to try "off with those heads".
    I requested samples that you posted about before but they still haven't turned up so I don't know :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Argh, that makes me angry (especially because they sent me an email encouraging me to post about it on my blog). I hope your samples arrive soon, dear Sheri.
      x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a really interesting brand - i will have to check out the blackhead gel for sure! Thanks for introducing it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem :) I wouldn't get the shrink and tighten gel but the blackhead one is amazing!

      Delete
  3. I am so incredibly intrigued with this brand. I signed up for the samples you put down a few weeks ago, but I'm like Sheri, and I still have yet to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so cross that they haven't delivered the samples yet, that makes me so annoyed (especially because they encouraged me to post about it!) I really hope you ladies receive them soon.
      x

      Delete
  4. I hate it when companies advertise products to "shrink your pores". It's physiologically impossible! Your pores are born a certain size genetically and that is it! They don't open or shut like doors! They best thing you can do to make your pores look smaller is to keep them clean of oil and dirt by cleansing morning and night. Just so you know lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you Mishelle - I guess that explains why this product didn't work! :)
      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...