Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Protection Mask

I recently came to the realisation that neglect is not an effective approach for luscious hair. Who knew? But honestly, I had never bothered with more than the cheapest shampoo and conditioner and it seemed to work well for a couple of years until now, and I have been finding that my hair is getting a little dry and scraggly. No one wants dry and scraggly hair, so off I went in search of a solution.

I am an absolute sucker for pretty packaging and scented products so it really was no surprise to anyone when I came home with the Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Protection Mask. Having used their 'Long Term Relationship' shampoo and conditioner in the past I was familiar with Herbal Essence's magical ways, and I appreciate the humour they often incorporate into their product 'spiels' so this was a goer!

This is the first hair mask I have ever tried and I am without a doubt a fan!

Upon first opening this it seems just like an everyday, plain-Jane conditioner - except that it comes in a cute (although kind of inconvenient) little tub. It has that really distinct 'hair product' kind of smell that I adore, and so already we were on good terms and I hadn't even used it yet!

According to the packaging, "Soak me in for 3 minutes. Rinse out and love the ending." Easy enough! I use this as directed once or twice a week applying about the same amount as I would a normal conditioner and it leaves my hair feeling better than ever. Naturally it has quite a significant immediate effect, leaving my hair detangled and silky. After drying my hair remains in a more nourished, luscious kind of state for longer.

Being a hair mask newbie I honestly can't comment on how this compares to other products but for someone like me who just wants a little extra moisture and livening for their hair, it works a treat.

As far as I understand, this really isn't a long term kind of solution for split ends, but in my opinion the only real answer for that is a haircut! I wouldn't rave about this product to the world, it's not groundbreaking, but it is just a darn good product to have handy when your hair is in a bit of a sad looking state. I don't recall how much this cost me, but it's cheaper than many and a worthwhile purchase.

I give this 7 out of 10.



13 comments:

  1. I looovee Herbal Essences, their conditioner works great and smells great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this one sounds lovely. I used to be an avid user of Herbal Essences as well, but eventually my hair decided to throw a tantrum and I had to pull out the big guns and start spending money on it *boo*
    I think I might give this a go, it sounds really easy (I much prefer these kinds of hair masks than the "20 minute" ones.. urghh!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, I'm waiting for the day when my hair decides to be difficult! It is a ridiculously easy mask to use, I don't think I would have the patience to bother with anything longer than 3 minutes!
      x

      Delete
  3. I use this product too, I love the smell and my hair feels amazing.
    -Fleur
    pourlefemmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love herbal essences until my hair decided that it was too heavy! The conditioner leaves my hair super thin (but super soft!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's strange! I haven't had any bad luck with it yet, but by the sounds of it my time will come!
      x

      Delete
  5. My housemate has this in our shower at the moment and it smells fantastic! I've been using a Goldwell deep conditioner and don't really feel it does much for my hair. I was going to try the Macadamia oil deep conditioner but i might give this a go first. Thanks!

    Forensic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem...it does smell oh so lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Just picked this up for $3 at Priceline. Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a bargain! You purchased that so cheaply! Hope it works for you! :)

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...