Saturday, January 4, 2014

Washi Tape Notebook































I'm back from the most wonderful, relaxing holiday at the beach with literally hundreds of your blog posts to read and millions of youtube videos to watch...who knew it would be so hard to catch up on my internet life after having been away for only a little over a week! Nevertheless, posting shall resume as normal, thanks for all your lovely comments during my absence!

So I recently discovered Washi Tape. I had never heard of such a thing but when I was purchasing my books for next year from Officeworks, I found a whole stack of Washi tape for $1 each. I ended up purchasing five different patterns although I had no idea what I was going to use Washi tape for!

I then decided that I needed to cover one of my small (and ugly!) notebooks. I figured a bit of Washi tape here and there might look pretty so I gave it a shot and I am so happy with the results. I've made a step by step photo tutorial of how to make this lovely looking notebook cover!












































So you can see just how darn easy it is to make this notebook cover! You can go crazy with creativity using different patterns and playing around with shapes as opposed to plain stripes. As you can see, I chose school related tapes because it is one of my school books and I love the maths equations and music notes on the front!

It took me honestly about three or four minutes to make this and I think it looks wonderful! If you had a plain notebook (for example just plain black) then you could apply the tape directly onto the cover as opposed to on paper that you then glue on. There are so many possibilities!

Let me know if you are planning to try out a Washi tape notebook cover!

Also, if you happened to spot my nails, they are created using Washi tape too which you can read about here!

10 comments:

  1. That is so cool! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable :) I haven't decorated my note books since primary school haha! I have been meaning to get some washi tape, there are so many great diy's using it on pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must get some Washi tape because like you said, there are just so many ways to use it! I don't usually bother decorating but this notebook was just so horrible looking. x

      Delete
  3. I was at Officeworks just awhile ago and saw those tapes! Such a smart idea to jazz up a boring notebook, but I have a feeling if I did that, the tape will never turn out straight so the bottom ends up to be angled :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were going out so cheap! Oh that would be annoying if it was all angled at the bottom! x

      Delete
  4. So cute! This Washi tape is turning out to be a downright gem find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea and it looks so cool too! Wish I was still at school so I could have a reason to try it out hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha yeah, one benefit of being at school is you can have fun book coverings! x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...