Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Book Lovers Tag

Being an avid reader, I could not pass up the opportunity to ramble on about my greatest love when I spotted this tag on Michaela's blog Where is my mind?

The Questions

1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
I personally do not remember when I first loved reading, but I've heard stories about how I would demand that Dad would write me sentences on a blackboard we had that I would read over and over, declaring that they were too easy and that I wanted harder words to read! I was reading at a really early age and instead of playing with dolls like other little girls, I always had my nose in a book.

2. Where do you usually read?
We have one of those lovely swinging chairs that is so comfortable to sit on. I love reading outside in the warmth under the shade of our nectarine tree, it's the greatest!

3. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
I much prefer reading one at a time as it allows me to really get into the story rather than mixing up all the characters and plots, however rarely does that happen because my book pile is just too big and all the books too tempting to leave unopened!

4. What is your favourite genre? 
Being a young adult myself, of course I don't mind a good YA book from time to time. I also love the classics like To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, 1984 by George Orwell and Perfume by Patrick Suskind. It's not really a genre but I find myself reading and enjoyed sad books!

5. Is there a genre you will not read?
Horror, fantasy and science fiction do not interest me in the slightest.

6. Do you have a favourite book?
Yes, but the problem is it is more like a favourite ten books! To Kill a Mockingbird is probably my longest standing favourite novel.

7.  What is your least favourite book?
Typically I am one of those people who feel compelled to complete a book even if they hate it, however books that I hate don't really stick in my mind - I've got too many amazing books filling up my brain space!

8. What is the longest book you have ever read?
Probably Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which according to Wikipedia has 870 pages!

9. What is the last book that you bought?
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov which I am studying for an English assignment. I've not read it yet but I think it will be a little confronting as the whole idea of it is quite full on!

10. Do you prefer reading library books or buying books?
I love owning my favourite books because then I can underline things in them and put little notes in them, however I always borrow a book from the library first before I invest in it, just in case I don't like it.

11. What are you currently reading?
Underdogs by Markus Zusak (so far it is not nearly as good as The Book Thief).

12. What is currently on your 'To Read' list?
I totally made this question and added it to the tag myself, but I think it is important. Believe it or not I have over 80 books on my list (what can I say, I have a lifetime to get through it!) but one title that I constantly hear about is 'Eleanor and Park' by Rainbow Rowell so I am dying to get my hands on that!

Hopefully you enjoyed my natterings about my favourite books. If you also love to read I would love to see your responses to this tag (and hopefully pick up a new couple of books to add to my 'To Read' list.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird! Makes me even more excited to read more of it! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most wonderful book, I hope you enjoy it :) x

      Delete
  2. What a great post! I will borrow this one for my blog now that I'm reading more heehee.
    I'm currently reading Stasiland, a very different book to the fantasy or teen books that I've been reading lately.
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I would love to read your post! x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant. GREAT tag! To follow the other comments, I am currently reading.. Jessica Alba's Honestly Living.. Not a novel.. but still a good read hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've not heard of Honestly living but I looked it up and it sounds like an interesting read x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...