Saturday, June 21, 2014

Essie Nail Polish in Mamba


This blog has risen from the dead and I am back once again after about two months off! It feels a little strange to be honest, and although this probably doesn't make much sense, I'm actually a little nervous! I don't think I'll be posting terribly often because year 12 is taking over my life, but I hope I can post more often than once every two months!

Anyhow, the interesting stuff - Essie's nail polish in Mamba.

This is the first Essie nail polish I ever got my hands on after having spent years drooling at everyone else's Essie blog posts. I knew I needed to try the highly acclaimed brand out, I just couldn't really justify spending twenty dollars on a single nail polish when I had perfectly good brands I could get for less than five. Nevertheless, when they arrived at Priceline for $18 and I had a $5 voucher I snapped it up for $13 and crossed my fingers that it would be a worthwhile purchase. I will add that I was a little skeptical that they were legitimate Essie polishes after Target's MAC debacle but what can you do...

Well, this was very much a worthwhile purchase! This polish is just gorgeous! It is nude perfection in a polish! I usually have a lot of difficulties trying to find a nude polish that is flattering and doesn't wash everything out and this does the perfect job. It also touch dries at the speed of light which is something very important to me because I am so very impatient and also matches almost every outfit.

My only issue is that it chipped after three days even when I was wearing a top coat. Admittedly my nails aren't in perfect condition so that might have something to do with it, but I was a little disappointed especially because they are one of the more expensive polish brands on the market.

Still, I love this polish a heck of a lot and would recommend anyone like me who was a little hesitant to just take the plunge.

15 comments:

  1. Welcome back Candice! I know what you mean, Year 12 was hectic but definitely important.
    That looks like a gorgeous neutral shade. I need more nuded, neutral shades like that.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri! I can't believe how stressful year 12 is! I'm going crazy! x

      Delete
  2. Welcome backkk! Oh tell me about it! I am so ready for year 12 to be over! Can't wait to get all these assessments and exams out of the way! Btw, what state are you from?

    Really love your purchase! I love nude colours and I find it especially nice on the nails as it pairs nicely with anything. That's a pretty nude shade you bought there. It is definitely suited for the current winter season. (:

    Hehehe, good luck with the year!

    missjessjess || Fleeting Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Ahhh I dream of year 12 being over, I am not enjoying it! I'm from South Australia :)

      So true, nude polishes literally go with anything and look so flattering. x

      Delete
  3. Welcome Back!!! I've missed your posts :)

    Loving this shade, it's absolutely gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, it feels nice to be back! I hope I can post a little more regularly than I have been! x

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you back to blogging! I totally understand, year 12 has been hella stressful! I find blogging to be a bit of a break from studying :) I have a few Essie polishes which I really love but like you, I have trouble paying full (and expensive) price for things! I'll have to wait for a good sale then haha.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw thank you :) Year 12 is ridiculously stressful, I'm finding it so exhausting. I am such a bargain queen, I hate paying full price for things! x

      Delete
  5. Wow, that color is such a perfect nude! I only own one essie polish and its neon coral but the formula is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really quite impressed with this polish. It seems like Essie polishes are worth the crazy cost. x

      Delete
  6. Great, great post! Have a lovely day ;D

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ohh and I would love to follow you if you'd do the same for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks gorgeous on you! I rarely get a full 24 hours without chipping from my polish, regardless of brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh really? I normally get a reasonable amount of wear...

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...