Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Maybelline Dream lumi touch Concealer - Ivory


I picked this up in a deal at Priceline (a very good one at that!) when I was running low on concealer. Since then I have used it like you wouldn't believe.

Since it is a 'highlighting' concealer, I was a little concerned about how I would be able to use it on blemishes and redness around my face. I expected it to be perfect for dark circles, but I wasn't overly interested in highlighting the giant pimple horribly placed in the middle of my chin. I needn't have worried because this covers it up remarkably well and doesn't draw the slightest bit attention to it with its highlighting properties. Thank goodness.

The consistency of this concealer is rather thin and I was surprised by its runny texture. The coverage aspect is on the lower end of the scale, although I do use it to cover both blemishes and relatively light under eye circles.

The brush is so easy to use, and to get more product out you simply twist the end of the pen. I love that I can control the amount of product so easily and apply it precisely with the brush. I then blend it out with my fingers, or when I want really good coverage, with a brush. I was afraid that the brush would catch when placing the cap back on, ruining the applicator, but it is in perfect condition after a heck of a lot of use.
After a month or so using it, I discovered that it works best on the inner corners of eyes - not in the tear ducts where you might apply eyeshadow, but on nose where I get blueish/darker areas. The difference it makes is quite unbelievable!

This concealer stays put with a light dusting of powder, although you must keep your hands away from your face. It doesn't crease, settle into fine lines or cake during the day, but if you do touch it repeatedly it does smudge a little.

It is such a thin little pen that I continually expect it to run out any day now, but it seems to be going strong despite its constant use. It's easy to carry around if you are having a particularly bad skin day, although I found that it gets lost in bags due to its tiny size.
There was a very limited shade range when I purchased this, and it seemed as though the colours were all yellow based. I found to this to work for me but I expect others would struggle to find a good match.
The only real problem I can think of with this is that it can highlight large pores (like on your cheeks or around nose) which bothers me a little. Other than that, it is a pretty awesome product. Perhaps a little more coverage would have been nice, but it does the job.

I give this product 7 out of 10.


4 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law loves this concealer, but I had the same concerns as you about the highlighting aspect of it and since I do have large pores I don't think I will be purchasing this product. Thanks for the review!

    I'm doing a makeup giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out :)

    http://happilyeverandom.blogspot.com/2012/05/50-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found this review helpful!
    I'll check it out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this product. It beats YSL's Radiant Touch and is about one-third the price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty good, and like you said, so cheap in comparison to some other brands. It's great that you can spend less on better products!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...