Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Face of Australia - Lip Crayons

This is the last review I have to complete on the products I purchased in my latest haul, and it is a very good note to finish on.

I don't recall the first time I heard about this product (although there is a 99% chance it was in a blog post) but from the moment I saw them I knew I had to get them. I had been looking at the Clinique chubby sticks for ever but knew I would never be able to justify paying so much for them, and had an inkling that at some point another brand would come out with a cheaper alternative. I did not however, not expect it to be cheaper by so much!

Clinique Chubby Sticks (please correct me if I'm wrong) retail in Australia for $35. Yes, you read that correctly. These Face of Australia ones come in a pack of three that retails for $15. Yes, you read that correctly too. Honestly, the difference between these is $30 per single product, isn't that absurd?! Even if they had charged $15 for one I still expect I would have purchased one. Thankyou Face of Australia.

The first thing I am going to mention is the awesome packaging. The chunky clunkyness (not a word but it should be) of these little beauties is so likeable, I could just hold them in my hands all day. They are like toys for grown ups and they look so damn pretty. The colours and the twist up end and the pretty little pictures combined with the lovely looking font makes for one incredible product. Gosh, the packaging is almost more exciting than the actual product (almost).

When I first purchased these I was most excited about Cupcake and Macaron, not so much about Sundae. I thought that Cupcake would be the one I would use the most although I didn't actually expect it to show up on my lips considering they are reasonably pigmented. This is in fact true, but it still makes a considerable difference and does make my lips appear a juicy pink. Macaron enhances my natural redness and Sundae is surprisingly lovely. It's not an awful brown like one might expect, but a gorgeous natural looking colour (although you do want to go easy on the application).

Guys, I could sit here all day and ramble about every tiny detail but I still don't think I would be able to tell you how great these are. Cupcake is the first lip colour that I have used consistently (without the break of any other colour) for two weeks straight. These are the first products that I carry around in my bag without fail (yes all of them).

They are beautiful, subtle yet buildable tints of colour, all three of the shades are gorgeous, they are moisturising and even smell nice too. They last a pretty decent amount of time, give a juicy looking finish and have a fun wind up mechanism which eliminates any inconvenient sharpening. There really isn't much more that I can say except...wow.

I tried to give you lip swatches but they don't show their real beauty. Hopefully you can get some sort of idea of how they show up on the lips though it really does differ from person to person. (By the way, my lips aren't as funny looking in real life, it appears as though my camera loves taking pictures of my lips at most unflattering angles!)

I'm so pleased with these amazing little products, I am going to give them 10 out of 10. They are everyday hints of colour that are glossy looking, moisturising and so easy and fuss-free.




Top to bottom - Flash, No Flash
Left to right - Macaroon, Cupcake, Sundae

4 comments:

  1. I have these ones and LOVE them! I also got a pack for my sister and I have a pack in my current giveaway hehe! They're just too good!
    Loved your rave :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful? I swear these are the most loveable products ever made! :) It seems like I am reviewing every product in your giveaway! At least those who read my blog will gain an understanding of just how awesome your giveaway really is!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post :) come and check out my blog. maybe we can follow each other :) http://marschristie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked this post :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...